I’ve been mealprepping for over a year now, but if you’re like me I have always found it near impossible to mealprep for breakfast. Eggs made in advance??? Whattt? I honestly didn’t think it was possible until I tried these muffins. I go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning, and having these ready to grab & go before work makes life SO MUCH EASIER.
- 6 slices of ham, each sliced in half (I used Trader Joe’s rosemary ham – shoutout for coating ham in literally my FAVORITE seasoning)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder (put as much or as little as you like)
- Coconut oil nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add in spices. Mix well and then add the kale and peppers.
- Spray muffin pan with the nonstick cooking spray and lay the ham slices inside each of the cups.
- Carefully pour the egg/vegetable mix into each ham cup to make a little muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe makes a dozen muffins, and I usually eat two-three for one meal, depending on how hungry I am (post workout usually means 3 + a side of bacon).
These muffins are bomb and easily customizable with different ingredients. I’ve made them with spinach and feta cheese, or they could be made with egg whites only, or whatever vegetables your heart desires. Not only are they delicious, but also very healthy! I have calculated the macros for these exact muffins – keep in mind that if you vary the ingredients, the macros would vary as well:
Total calories: 127.25 (per muffin)
Total fat: 8.1 g
Total protein: 19 g
Total carbohydrates: 4.4 g